Pages

Thursday 17 September 2020

Student Summit Toolkit!

ANNYEONG!

For about 2 weeks now a group of students have been getting ready to present for the Student Summit Toolkit;) This day included all the schools in the Uru Manuka cluster! They had to prepare a slide, showing how to use different sites for learning, and the other schools were also making their own slides for it as well. They also had to be prepared because they would be presenting it on google hangouts!

The day before this we had to fill out a form picking which ones we wanted to learn about and we were also told we had to bring our head/ear phones or else we wouldn´t be able to join in! We had it today and we had to go onto the sessions at certain times and after the session we were to fill out a form giving feedback!

One of the sessions I joined was learning how to draw shapes on scratch! I had to join this call twice because on the sessions it said that for me;( In the video we learnt how to code it to make the pen draw the shape for us. I also had to ask them to slow down a couple of times because I kept getting confused but then it was ok! After learning how to code it we had to make 2 shapes of our own but that was kinda hard...

Another one of the sessions was learning how to use stop motion animation which was pretty fun and easy as well! All we had to do was get an object like paper and then move it around while taking pictures of it and it came out really cool! 

Something I liked about this was being able to interact with other students and something I found hard was trying to follow what they were doing without getting lost.

Hope you liked this blog post and ciao~

2 comments:

  1. HI siale My name is Alvin from YMS, I love your Blog I liked the way you explained what ou rcluster was doing and some people had a prepare a long time ago! Next time you could use some Screenshot that you should of taken of your work. and also add some questions. But other than that Your blog is wonderful!And yes I do like this blog.My exerince was great I Had the same problem as you Iwould try to follow the group without getting lost because I would still be on step one and the others would be on two! - Alvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siale I'm Michaela from Yaldhurst Model school
    I was is Student summit to.
    I found that it was fun, did you find it fun.
    It was my first time doing student summit.
    I did Stop Motion to.
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.