Pages

Friday 24 April 2020

ANZAC BISCUITS!!!


Konnichiwa everyone! 

This is one of the last posts I´ll be doing today! So as a lot of you may now ANZAC Day is tomorrow! Last term we did a lot of activities near the end of the term for ANZAC Day and we were given today to again complete one or more activities that were related to ANZAC Day if we had the things for it or if we had enough time.

There were 4 activities that we could choose out of or do all of them and I chose to make the ANZAC Biscuits and DLO about the ANZAC Biscuits. I took 3 pictures for my ANZAC Biscuits. I also didn´t have any shredded coconuts for it.

Here is my ANZAC Biscuit Poster!


Heres the mixture!

It was kind of dry so I added a bit more hot water and since I didn´t have any more butter I just put canola oil :(

In the beginning I didn´t check if we had enough butter and ended up not having enough:( but it was okay still. I also remembered to wash my hands before I started baking. REMEMBER TO DO THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! When I had made the mixture and put it on the tray I opened the oven and realized that there were trays in there while it was preheating and I panicked but my dad said it was alright! 

In the instructions it says to bake for about 8 - 10 mins but mine ended up going in for 20 mins! 

Here they are!

There were 10 and I had given my mum and dad one before. I shared them with my family!


I took the photos on my trampoline because I thought it would be better lighting but when I was trying to take the photo with the chrome book it just blocked out the sun :(

Something I found hard doing this was not having enough butter and I was trying to get all of the butter out but on the food scale it said there was only 60g out of it ;(

Something I enjoyed with this was the finished product because it tasted really good and I enjoyed sharing them!

In the end I had loads of fun doing this activity and I cant wait for ANZAC Day and to get more butter so I can make more tomorrow! 








8 comments:

  1. HI SIALE!!
    Nice Biscuits. I didn't know how they looked like so i put them into balls just like cookies D: Love how you told us what was good about it and something hard!! They look delicious :P Good Job :D

    - Zippy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zippy!
      Thanks for commenting on my blog! I didnt know how they were going to come out either so I tried to shape them into circles but then it just kinda spread out ;( Hope you and your family are safe at home!

      ~Siale

      Delete
  2. Hi Siale,
    It's great to see that you have been working on some ANZAC activities at home. They biscuits look yummy... would be great to have one with a nice coffee :)
    I personally like crunchy Anzac biscuits, so I flatten them with a fork. This also helps keep the baking time shorter as a thicker biscuit requires more baking time. Good on you for making some mental notes about what you would do/check on next time.
    Keep up the good work - stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Lee!!
      Thank you for spending the time to comment on my blog! The biscuits were really nice and I enjoyed them with a cup of milk;) I really like biscuits which are soft because I think it just tastes better to me! Thanks for telling me about how you get yours crunchy because now I can try and make crunchier biscuits!

      Hope you and your family are doing well in this time! Everyone misses you at school;(
      ~Siale

      Delete
  3. Hi Siale.
    Great blog. I love Anzac biscuits. I liked that you didn't have enough of the right ingredients but you diversified and finished with great looking biscuits. Well done.
    Mrs Bowman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Bowman!
      Thanks for commenting on my blog today! I also really like ANZAC Biscuits and started making them a lot more lately! I was kind of panicking with how much butter was left but it turned out great in the end I enjoyed it!

      Hope you and your family have a relaxing weekend and staying safe!
      ~Siale

      Delete
  4. Hi Siale,
    Your biscuits looked delicious I did the same activity for ANZAC day.
    I like how you explained what you enjoyed and didn't.
    Next time just make sure the writing is easy to read I found it hard on the first DLO.
    Kind regards,
    Greer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Greer!
      Thanks for commenting on my blog! The ANZAC Biscuits were really good and I bet yours were just as good as mine! I was trying to find a nice picture for the background and tried to make it as readable as possible so thank you for telling me you werent really able to see it and I will keep that in mind for next time!

      Hope you and your family are doing alright! Sending good vibes your way!
      ~Siale

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.