Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Father Francis Vernon Douglas

Kia Ora! This week and last week we have been learning about two priests named Father Maximilian Kolbe and Father Francis Vernon Douglas. There were two readings that told us about the lives of them and how they died and there was one video for Father Maximilian Kolbe. After we had read both of these or watched the video as well then we had to pick one to make a DLO for. I chose Father Maximilian Kolbe.

In the DLO we had to answer 4 questions that were given to us, the questions that we were given were ¨Who was he?" ¨What was his cause?¨ ¨ Who did he upset and why?¨ "How did his work of love lead him to death?¨

Something that we had to think about while we were making these DLO´s was SISOMO which stands for Sight, Sound and Motion and so if someone has a disability with their vision we have to be able to make something where they can still understand it so I used Voki which is a website where you can write things into the text box and there is a person that reads it out!  

I wasn´t able to fit in my answer for the last question because it only allows 600 characters in the text space so my answer to ¨How did his work of love lead him to death?¨ Answer : He was lead to death because he wanted to stay and be by his peoples side while they were fighting and he wouldn´t say anything about them while he was being tortured and kept quiet the whole time¨

Something that I found hard in this was trying to summarize my answers myself without using words that aren´t mine. 

Something that I enjoyed was using Voki and playing around with it because there are so many different types of characters that you can choose from!



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.