Pages

Sunday 3 May 2020

States Of Matter

Aloha everyone!

This week on Friday we were given the task to learn about the States Of Matter! We had to look through the slideshow that talked about the 3 different types of matter which were solid, liquid and gas! After looking through the slideshow and reading everything there was a google form to do to test you on how much you learnt from it! I got 12/12 from it. After this there was the activity! In the activity it was teaching us about the matters and we had to make oobleck but on our hangout call Ms Wilton said if we don´t have the ingredients for oobleck we can make something else because its just supposed to be showing the changes. She even said we could just make an omelette and put cheese in it because it would melt and you can´t change that back into it form so I did!

I made a cheese omelette to show a change of matter. The eggs were like a liquid matter because it changed its shape to fit into the bowl or the pan, and the cheese was a solid because it stayed the same if I put it in the eggs. But when it was done the egg turned into a solid and the cheese melted. It kinda looked bad cause it kept breaking when I was trying to lift it from the pan ;(

I gave it to my sister cause I don´t like cheese but she said it was good!


Something I found hard was making this omelette and I don´t know why I think it was the transferring part and it took agesss

Something I liked about this was learning more about the different types of matter!

4 comments:

  1. Annyeong, Siale!

    I really loved your explanation about what you had to do. I definitely understood what you were doing and that omelette looked really tasty!
    I think something you could work on is explaining what the States of Matter mean. E.g what is a solid.

    I hope you have a great weekend. Bye!

    Tweeny P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Tweeny!

      Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm happy that you could understand my desription and sorry that I didn't explain enough on the states of matter. I will make sure to explain more in my upcoming posts!

      Thanks again and hope you had an amazing weekend to!<3

      ~Siale

      Delete
  2. Hi Siale.
    Great explanation.
    Your omelette looked yum.Maybe next time don't include the cheese and you can eat it yourself.
    I would have liked a little more info as Tweeny pointed out.
    Keep up the great work.
    Mrs Bowman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs Bowman!

      Thanks for the comment! I am grateful that people are able to understand my explanation because I didn't really know what to do since I couldn't find our classes hangout recording that told us about what we had to do. I thought it looked yum to but it was ok because I made another one for myself which had no cheese! Like I said to Tweeny I will make sure to explain more in my next posts!

      Thanks for commenting and hope you have a great week!

      ~Siale;)

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.