Pages

Friday 17 April 2020

Chocolate Mug Cake!!!

Kia Ora everyone!
Hope you are all staying safe at home! So as you may know we are still in quarantine and have online school. On Fridays my class would usually be going to tech (Technology) today so it was kind of like our own tech at home! We were assigned to watch a cool video about physical and chemical changes! In the video it showed examples of physical and chemical changes and underneath the video there were paragraphs that summarized the meaning of physical and chemical changes.

Chemical change means: Chemical change is when a new kind of substance is made e.g if you mix a gummy bear with hydroxide together it makes a gas which is a kind of substance!

Physical change means: A physical change is when there is no new substance made e.g if you put mentos into coke it will start to fizz and carbon dioxide will come out of it. This is still a physical change because carbon dioxide is one of the things that are used to make coke!

So after taking in all the new information that i had learned it was time to move onto doing an activity! There were 4 different science experiments that we could choose from and we could either do all or just one. I chose to do one activity. By the title you can tell what experiment i chose to do, but if not I decided on making a Chocolate Mug Cake! 

While i was making it I was kind of worrying about it overflowing but when it came out it was actually small! I actually had made one in the morning but then just ate it and forgot to take a picture of it. oops. So i made another one remembering to take a picture before eating it. After making another one I didn´t like it as much as the first time and ended up not finishing it but it was still pretty good :).  After cleaning up everything I got it out of the microwave when it had finished.

It looked kind of weird the second time i made it but it was all good!


After taking it out and making sure to take a picture of it i topped it with ice cream and sprinkles and some chocolate. Yes i did eat 2 but the first time it had nothing on it and I was sharing it with my sister and mom!


For the experiments the reason we  had to try at least one out was because it was to see if we thought there was a physical or chemical change in it. For me I thought that this was physical change because all that happened was the appearance of it changed. So It was only a physical change that happened.

I didnt really have any troubles with doing this experiment and it was actually really fun and easy to complete! 

Here is the link to the way to make the Chocolate Mug Cake if you are interested in making a quick and easy dessert!

Like i´ve said before hope everyone is staying safe and remember to stay home and wash your hands!





6 comments:

  1. Hi Siale.
    The chocolate cake with the ice cream on top looked amazing I wish I was there to help you eat it. Great job on explaining what physical changes and chemical changes were. Next time you could probably make the explanation a little shorter.
    Kind regards,
    Greer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Greer!
      thank you for commenting on my blog and yeah it would have been a big help if you were there eating it with me! Thank you for the feedback and I´ll try to make the description shorter on my next post. Hope you and your family are staying safe through this time!
      ~Siale

      Delete
  2. Hi Siale, what a delicious experiment! I like that you gave us a link to the recipe and reminded everyone to wash their hands.
    Mrs Sumpter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Sumpter!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and it was delicious, but I was never able to finish a cup of it and I don´t know why!! I hope that you will be able to maybe make this as well because its quick and easy and its a great dessert! I hope you and your family are safe at home and having a good time!
      ~Siale

      Delete
  3. Hi Siale,
    Science experiments can be lots of fun.It was good to have the link for the recipe.I suggest you read the difference between a physical change and a chemical change.If something new has been created then it is a chemical change.Keep up the good work Siale .
    Trish Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Trish!

      Thank you for spending the time to comment on my blog! I have read your comment and feed back and I also think that science experiments are fun as well. Thank you for giving me feed back on what kind of change it was and now I know that it is actually a chemical change that happened! Like I said to Mrs Sumpter, I hope you might want to make it to! Hope you are staying safe at home and aren´t too bored in this time!
      ~Siale

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.